Document Checklist and Instructions
A properly documented loan application makes your loan process go smoothly. This checklist will help you gather your paperwork.
- Complete and sign the residential loan application, Form 1003, and the attached loan info sheet, credit authorization, and fair lending notice. Page 4 of the application is a continuation page in case you need additional space for your assets or liabilities. If you make a mistake while filling out the application, cross it out and make the change. Do NOT use whiteout.
- To speed up the approval process, provide bank statements for the most recent two months, and recent statements for stock, mutual funds and IRA/401K accounts.
- If you are salaried:
- provide W-2’s for the previous two years and one month of paystubs.
- If you are self-employed, provide tax returns for the previous two years, including all schedules, and a YTD profit and loss statement. (Note: provide copies of all requested documents. Do not provide original documents.)
- If you own rental property:
- provide recent rental agreements and tax returns for the previous two years, including all schedules.
- If you are requesting a cash out refinance:
- provide a letter explaining how you will use the refinance proceeds.
- If you are divorced:
- provide a copy of your divorce decree and settlement agreement.
- If you are NOT a US citizen:
- provide a copy of your green card (front & back). If you are NOT a permanent resident provide a copy of your H-1 or L-1 visa.
- If any borrower has filed bankruptcy:
- provide the Discharge Notice, Filing and Schedule of Creditors.
- If you are applying for a home equity line of credit or loan (second loan):
- Include your first mortgage note. (This should be with your closing loan documents).